Business Coaching in Inbound Marketing for Chiropractors
Inbound marketing has been a growing trend in Internet marketing campaigns in recent years—and successful chiropractors know how to use it. These days, if you want to grow a successful chiropractic business in a competitive market, inbound marketing plans are the best (and most affordable) set of tools for marketing management.
What is Inbound Marketing?
“Inbound marketing” refers to the suite of online tools that can help you build and drive traffic to your website, and then convert leads into revenue-generating customers. Here are a few of the best known types of inbound marketing:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- White papers and research
- Blogs and blogging
- Forums and community posts
- Social media
- Question-and-answer sites
- Online video
- “Information marketing”
- “Comment marketing”
This isn’t an exhaustive list. Anything you can do online that drives traffic to your website, or helps you book appointments, can be classified as inbound marketing. And the most beautiful thing about it? Most of these advertising sources are cheap or free if you do them yourself—or can be outsourced for very reasonable rates. We often advise our clients, who want to maximize this area, to get experts to assist them as it is highly specialized marketing.
Here are five ways to take advantage of growing trends in inbound marketing, so you can stand out in the chiropractic industry:
- Talk to your customers, not atthem or down to them. Today’s potential patients of chiropractors have access to more information than ever. They probably know more about healthcare and maintaining a healthy body than you give them credit for, and many of them will know more about the Internet than you do.
- Build yourself a niche as an expert, but stay approachable. Internet marketing is all about building community through personality and knowledge. Show your potential clients you know your stuff, and let your personality shine through. They want to know who they’ll be meeting in the office.
- Good video marketing is a must-have. There are millions of videos on the Internet today, and technology has progressed to the point that it’s fairly easy and inexpensive to produce high-quality videos and “infomercials” for free Internet distribution. Make it good. A video presence lets your personality shine through in ways that no other medium can, and helps clients accustomed to visual stimulation understand what makes your business unique.
- Don’t underestimate Facebook. About 200 million Americans have a Facebook page; that’s about two out of every three people in the United States. Whether you want to reach a local or national audience, being accessible—and engaged— on Facebook can set you apart from your peers.
- Build a beautiful and functional website. No matter how effective an inbound marketing strategy is the chances of landing a client are only as good as your website. There are probably multiple chiropractors in your area. Today, it’s affordable and fairly easy to have a sophisticated and beautiful site that represents you well and caters to all your patients’ needs. People love the ease of Internet functionality… so give them what they want.
Build a patient-centered, top-notch practice. Then represent it well on a highly functional, user-friendly site. Then work on your inbound marketing; use Facebook, videos, blogs, and anything else you can think of to build your reputation as an industry leader. Build an approachable persona that’s knowledgeable but friendly, and focused on the best in customer service and patient care. Then, and only then, you’ll have the complete package that can help you succeed in chiropractic practice.
Protect your hard work in growing a successful business – make sure your practice is HIPAA compliant. Since chiropractors collect, manage, and transfer patients’ health information, they’re responsible for protecting patient privacy under HIPAA law.
Give us a call or fill out our online form for more information on how to make your chiropractic office HIPAA compliant.